This is my first Mother's day and although I have only been a Mom for six and a half months, being a Mother is the absolute best job in the whole world. I never expected to feel the instant, deep, unconditional love that I feel for Lucas. He brings our lives so much joy. I am so entirely blessed that I get to stay home with my Son and watch him change every moment before my eyes. This video was taken about a month ago and I just love dancing with my baby.
It doesn't matter how many times a night I have to get up to make sure he is okay, every time I have to go into his room in the middle of the night, I get to give him one more kiss.
It doesn't matter how goofy I act, if I can make him laugh, I will act as silly as I possibly can. His laugh is the absolute best sound in the world to me.
It doesn't matter how many hours I spend with Lucas a day, when someone wants to hold him, I always immediately want him back. :)
I love the way he gets tired and rest his head on my shoulder. I love the way he smiles when I sing to him. I love the way he kicks his hands and feet when I go to get him up in the morning. I love the way he hits my face when I am feeding him. I love the way he laughs at stupid things I do. I love the way he looks at his daddy with the biggest smile on his face. I love the way he wants to sit on the floor next to Dodge. I love the way he loves to be outside. I love how shy he gets when he sees himself in the mirror and turns his head into my neck to hide. I love the way he hates being on his tummy and immediately rolls to his back with the biggest smile like "I did it". I love the way everyone says, "wow, he is such a serious baby," but I know how truly happy he is at home.
I love everything about you, sweet baby Lucas.
Love, Your Mama!
1 comment:
so sweet, I cried :) thanks for sharing your love and putting into words what we all feel for our babies.
Post a Comment