A Lot Happens in a Month!
We decided to start sleep training with Lucas. That was one of the hardest things we have ever had to do, but in the end...it was the best thing for everyone. It took about two solid days of crying and no sleep, but by the third day, he took a half an hour nap in his crib. The fourth day was even better...he took several hour long naps. Not only did his naps improve, he went longer stretches at night too.
On March 26, I was talking with my Mom and she said that I got my first tooth at five months. I thought he was teething, but the doctor's told me, "No he isn't teething yet." Lucas was being particularly fussy on this day so I checked and the little guy got his first bottom right tooth poking through. Four days later, his bottom right one came through. I seriously almost gave up breastfeeding...he had been "gumming" me all week, which seriously hurt. Every time he bites me, which is usually towards the end of feeding, I flick his cheek and say, "No Bite" he got the hang of that really quickly...he looks up at me like what was that for and then goes back to sucking. He has not bitten me in over a week! :) Breastfeeding continues happily.
We started rice cereal and boy was he ready. I had no idea how ready he was but he kept opening his mouth for the spoon and leaning forward for more. He didn't make the "what the heck is this," face, that I was hoping for. But I am sure that will come with other solid foods. I have been letting him drink from a cup in the last week, which has been fun. Although, most of the liquid goes right to his shirt.
A lot of people ask me if we call him Luke, we have not started calling him Luke yet, even though we absolutely love the nickname. However, our nickname has evolved into "Mr. Lucas" and we say it like, Mrrrr. Willllsssoooonn from Denis the Menace. "Mrrrr Luuuucaaasss" :)
Well that is all for now! Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment